Organic Quinoa - bulk bag.
- The popular nutritious grain.
- Whole quinoa.
- A more nutritious alternative to rice or cous cous.
- Cooks in 10-15 minutes.
- A source of complete protein.
- Excellent-value bulk pack.
A large 1kg bag of Organic Quinoa for fans of this highly nutritious pseudo-cereal. Suitable for those wanting to avoid gluten.
Quinoa is well-known for its excellent nutritional profile. It is of particular note for its protein content, containing all of the essential amino acids, as well as its high mineral content. Of course though, quinoa is more than just a trendy super-food. It's actually a highly practical, tasty alternative to rice or cous cous, and our bulk bags are great value.
Quinoa is used in a similar manner to rice, and is cooked in a very similar way:
- Measure out one cupful of quinoa grain per person.
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan with a lid.
- Pour boiling water over the quinoa: enough to cover the quinoa plus 2 centimetres.
- Place the lid on the pan and simmer gently until the water is no longer visible.
- Turn the heat right down and allow the quinoa to steam in the remainder of the water for 5-10 minutes.
Quinoa makes an excellent accompaniment to rice and/or curry dishes. It can also be used instead of cous cous, as the grains are a similar size to the little cous cous balls. Of course, quinoa is gluten-free, so can be seen as a gluten-free cous cous, as well as an alternative to rice.
As a serving suggestion, see our cajun chicken quinoa.
Organic quinoa grain, whole. Grown in Bolivia.
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|_of which sugars||3.5g|
|_of which saturates||0.96g|