|This product now comes in|
100% recyclable packaging.
Chia Seeds 1kg (Sussex Wholefoods)
This product is temporarily out of stock, but
you can try
Chia Seeds 500g (Infinity Foods)
Email me when this product is back in stock
Best Before End May 2019
Whole Chia Seeds 1kg
- Tiny seeds packed with omega fats, fibre, protein and minerals.
- Beautiful brown and black coloured seeds.
- Neutral flavour - can be added to food and drink.
- Can be toasted or baked with.
- Add to smoothies, shakes, breads, breakfast cereals and much more.
- Packed in Sussex.
- 1kg pack.
These tiny seeds have a distinctive brown and beige marbled colouring and smooth pebble-like surface. They can be added to bread mixes, to make a nice seeded loaf.
The chia seed was used as part of a staple diet in South America and has now been rediscovered and made its way into Europe. It is known as a "superfood" and a "runners food", due to its concentrated amounts of polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acid, fibre, protein and minerals.
- Chia seeds are ready to eat. Try eating a teaspoonful per day for an omega-boost and as part of a healthy diet.
- Use to thicken smoothies.
- Sprinkle over cereals in the morning, or into salads.
- You can bake chia seeds into bread. For best results, soak for 30 minutes beforehand to keep them moist whilst cooking.
100% Whole Chia Seeds (Salvia Hispanica). (Last Batch: Produce of Mexico).
For more information on our ingredients policy please see here
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|_of which sugars||0.8g|
|_of which saturates:||2.6g|
|_of which n-3 fats (Omega 3)||16.7g|
|__n-6 fats (Omega 6)||4.8g|
|__n-9 fats (Omega 9)||1.6g|