Temporary changes to delivery are currently in place due to high volume of orders
Sushi - Recipe
Maki Sushi Rolls with Cucumber, Avocado, Pepper, Salmon and Fish Sticks. Served with Wasabi & Sushi Ginger. (Rolled on first attempt by a Healthy Supplies team member)
The Maki Sushi Roll is the most commonly recognised form of sushi. Maki rolls are simply a choice of filling, surrounded by sushi rice, wrapped in a thin sheet of Nori seaweed.
The Maki rolls featured in the picture contain mixed fillings, including fresh yellow bell pepper, avocado pear, smoked salmon, fish sticks and cucumber. It has been served with traditional Japanese condiments: wasabi paste (comparable to mustard), slivers of pickled ginger and organic soy sauce.
1) Boil rice for about 15 minutes (until the water has evaporated).
2) Whilst rice is boiling, chop your chosen fillings in to thin strips.
3) When the rice is cooked, add 2 or 3 tsp sushi vinegar and white wine vinegar then leave to cool for about 30 minutes.
4) Take a nori sheet and place it on your rolling mat shiny side down (or rough side facing up). To handle the rice you will need wet hands (this is sticky business). Roll some rice into a small tennis ball size. Put it in the middle of the nori sheet and push the rice out to the edges (the back of a spoon may help you). Keep about 2cm of the top edge dry and rice free. This is so you can stick the nori down once you've rolled.
5) Lay your filling down the centre (in line with your margin). Keep the filling thin to make rolling easier.
6) You can now begin rolling. Use the bamboo mat and roll away from you, slowly and firmly, keeping the nori tight. (You may find rolling from the side feels more comfortable).
7) Stick down the margin you left (you may need more water here to help). Then cut your roll into small bite size sushi pieces.
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.