|This product now comes in|
100% recyclable packaging.
Coarse Semolina, Organic 500g (Sussex Wholefoods)
This product is temporarily out of stock.
Email me when this product is back in stock
Organic Semolina, coarsely ground
- Medium to coarse texture.
- Organically grown, no additivies.
- Main ingredient in Gnocchi.
- Use in biscuit dough for added texture.
Semolina is made from the inside part of the durum wheat kernel and is used to make various products including cous cous. It is a common ingredient in a variety of sweet and savoury recipes and helps to add texture and density.
Semolina is the key ingredient in Italian Gnocchi and also other dumplings. It is also cooked with milk to make a traditional pudding eaten in both Britain and parts of Europe. The porridge-like hot mix is poured into dishes and once cooled, it is turned up-side-down and served with a fruit compote. Try making a vanilla flavoured up-side-down pudding and serve with Summer Fruits on top. Alternatively stir in some chocolate or cocoa to make a hot chocolate pudding. Perfect comfort food on a cold day!
4 ways to use semolina
- To make semolina pudding: Use 2 cups of milk and half a cup of water for every half-cup of semolina. Mix in a large pan and bring to the boil. Simmer slowly for 10 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed. Sweeten to taste and optionally add cocoa. Serve with fruits such as raisins.
- Replace a proportion of flour with semolina when making a crumble topping.
- Dust your surface or wooden board prior to rolling out and stretching your pizza dough. This helps the underneath from sticking and going soggy.
- See recipe suggestion below for a semolina tart!
100% Organic Semolina. (Produce of the EU)
For more information on our ingredients policy please see here