Caraway Seeds 100g (Hampshire Foods)
- Produce of Turkey.
- Strong flavoured tiny dried fruits.
- Flavour reminiscent of liquorice, pepper and menthol.
Caraway seeds are an intensely flavoured little "pods". They resemble the appearance of cumin seeds
, and although they're closely related, they have a completely different flavour.
Caraway has a distinct and complex flavour: sweet, aniseed-like and bitter yet refreshing.
Use caraway seeds in the following ways:
- Caraway seeds can be used in vegetable broths or Sauerkraut. Simply use a teaspoonful to flavour the entire pot.
- Sprinkled onto warm winter greens. They go well with cabbage.
- Incorporated into breads and buns.
- You can simply chew caraway seeds on their own (this is popular in the East).