Whole Coriander Seed 100g (Hampshire Foods)
Whole Coriander Seeds
- An important spice in Indian Cooking.
- Release a wonderful flavour when crushed or ground just before use.
- For use in curries, tarka dal and many more dishes.
Whole coriander seeds as used in traditional Indian cooking. Use as one of the key base spices in a curry. Whole coriander keeps much better than ground coriander, as the oils within the seeds that are responsible for the flavour are only in contact with the air once the seed is crushed.
Use these coriander seeds in curries. Typically use as follows:
- "Toast" in a very lightly oiled hot pan for 3-4 minutes (on the hob).
- Crush in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder.
- Use immediately for best results.
The toasting step intensifies the aroma, but it's fine to skip it... in this case, cook your curry for a little longer to allow the flavours to develop.
Whole coriander (coriander seeds), whole.