Sprouted Chia Powder, Organic 454g (Organic Traditions)
This product is temporarily out of stock, but
you can try
Chia Seeds, 1kg (Sussex Wholefoods)
Email me when this product is back in stock
Organic 100% Cold Milled Sprouted Chia Seed Powder
- Raw and organic.
- Low Glycemic Index.
- Use to add bulk to meals as part of a calorie-controlled diet.
- Suitable for Vegans.
- High in Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Great source of calcium and dietary fibre.
Organic Traditions Sprouted Chia Seed Powder is a convenient way to add chia seeds to your diet and enjoy the health benefits! Chia seeds are a good source of Potassium, Calcium and Iron, a high source of fibre and are high in Omega 3 fatty acids. They contain protein, essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients! The sprouting process improves digestibility and allows for greater absorption of nutrients by the body.
This powder can be used in the same way as you would use the whole seeds. Add to soups, smoothies, desserts or cereals to enjoy the benefits. You can enjoy this product in a variety of sweet and savoury dishes. We think it works particularly well in smoothies! Chia seed powder can also be used as a vegan-friendly egg substitute in baking.
- Use as a general food supplement. Chia seeds expand considerably when mixed with water - adding bulk to meals and thus lowering the amount of calories that you eat. A small teaspoonful goes a long way!
- For a vegan egg replacement in baking - Combine 2 tablespoons of powder with 1 cup of water. Half a cup of gel replaces roughly one egg.
- When adding to smoothies - add one or two teaspoons to your favourite smoothie recipe and blend. They have a considerable thickening and bulking effect.
Organic Sprouted Chia Seeds (100%) For more information on our ingredients policy please see here
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per 15g|
|_of which sugars||1g||<0.5g|
|_of which saturates||3.5g||0.5g|
|_of which monounsaturates||2.5g||0.4g|
|_of which polysaturates||25g||3.8g|
|_of which Omega 3||19g||2.9g|