Lemon Grass in Water 210g (Blue Dragon)
This product is temporarily out of stock.
Email me when this product is back in stock
Lemon Grass (Takrai) 210g - 110g When Drained
- Popular in Thai, Malaysian and Chinese cuisine.
- Crisp and citrus-like in flavour.
- Jarred lemon grass suspended in water.
- Contains approximately a dozen* 8cm - 9cm long stems.
- Free from sugar, salt and oil.
Lemongrass are long, fibrous shoots that look slightly like miniature leeks in shape and colour. The flavour is (as the name suggests) lemony and slightly sweet.
* This is an approximation. Stems are varied in thickness to equate to 110g of lemongrass.
Using Lemon Grass
Lemongrass stems can be crushed, chopped, sliced and ground into a paste. These add flavour to many Asian dishes as well as Western meals. IT works in salads, curries, fish dishes and soups. Traditional combinations of ingredients that work well with lemon grass are chilli
, lime leaves
, fish sauce
. A recipe for coconut chicken curry is featured on the jar.
Lemon Grass, Water, Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid. For more information on our ingredients policy please see here