Ground Allspice 20g, Organic (Just Natural Herbs)
This product is temporarily out of stock.
Email me when this product is back in stock
Organic Ground Allspice
- Fine-ground pimenta (pimento).
- Traditionally used in Caribbean cuisine.
- For sweet and savoury dishes.
- Use in jerk chicken, meat rubs and marinades.
- Organically grown in Guatemala.
Allspice is not, as its name suggests, a spice mixture! It is a single spice. Allspice has a flavour that's similar to black pepper, but with a hint of nutmeg, clove and cinnamon, which is one of the reasons that it has the name "allspice", because it tastes of a lot of other spices mixed together!
- In Jerk Chicken: Allspice is mixed with chilli, cloves, onions, garlic, coriander and vinegar to make a jerk seasoning. Rub into meats and fry/bake for that traditional Caribbean flavour!
- Meat marinades: Use allspice in a meat marinade where it adds a peppery heat.
- In cakes: Allspice is used in cakes, buns and breads.
Ground allspice (pimenta).
For more information on our ingredients policy please see here