Turmeric Powder [Haldi] 400g (Hampshire Foods)
This product is temporarily out of stock, but
you can try
Turmeric Powder 500g (Sussex Wholefoods)
Email me when this product is back in stock
- Adds colour to curries including madras and korma.
- Also used to add colour to rice and paella.
- A cheaper alternative to saffron for colouring.
- Curry houses use turmeric to make their rice yellow.
- Adds a mild spicy flavour to curries.
- Thickens sauces and curries.
- Family-sized bag.
Turmeric or Haldi
powder is one of the basic spices used in curries. It mostly adds a vibrant yellow colour to the sauce or rice, but an earthy flavour is also discernible.
This is a medium-sized bag that will usually last a curry enthusiast for a few months. Turmeric can also be used to colour pasta, pastry and paella.
- In Curries: Most curry powder mixes contain turmeric powder. Mix this turmeric with chillies, cinnamon, cumin and coriander for an authentic curry mix.
- To colour rice: Add a heaped teaspoonful of turmeric powder to rice to give it a bright yellow colour.
- To colour Mediterranean dishes such as paella: Add a half-teaspoonful of turmeric to paella to give the dish a bright colour without flavouring it too strongly.
- As a thickener: Turmeric can be used to thicken sauces and curries. Simply add as required.
Ground Turmeric For more information on our ingredients policy please see here
Produce of India.