Click on image to enlarge:
Tomato Puree Double Concentrate, Organic 130g (Essential)
Pure Tomato Puree
Double Concentrate Organic Tomato Puree
- Made from organic Italian sun ripened tomatoes.
- Contains no added sugar, no salt, no flavouring and no colourings.
- Great for all dishes, particularly: Stir fries, curries, Bolognese, lasagne, ratatouille.
made in Italy from tomatoes grown in a co-operative of organic farms. This concentrated tomato paste can be combined with sun-dried tomatoes
for full-on punch of flavour. Tomato puree is an important cupboard ingredient as it helps to create a sauce base for many Italian dishes as well as curries such as Madras. A small amount can also be added to dips and marinades.
- To make a madras curry sauce: Mix a couple of tablespoons of tomato puree with Tamarind Paste, Garlic & Ginger Paste, Madras Curry Powder, a little Shoyu(Soy)/Tamari Sauce, ketchup and hot water. Pour over meat, fish and vegetables.
- In spaghetti bolognese: Fry onions and add mince and herbs (basil, sage and oregano). Once the meat is browned, squeeze one-third of this tube of tomato puree into the pan and add a quarter-cupful of water. Allow to simmer and serve.
Organic Tomatoes (double concentrate, minimum 28% solids). Produced in Italy. Storage:
Once opened, refrigerate and use within 1 month.
In conjunction with|