- Spelt Flour, Organic 500g (Infinity Foods)
- Spelt Grains, Organic 500g (Infinity Foods)
- Pearled Spelt Grain, Organic 500g (Sharpham Park)
- Spelt Flakes, Organic 500g (Infinity Foods)
- Wholegrain Green Spelt, Organic 500g (Amisa)
- Spelt Flakes, Organic 1kg (Sussex Wholefoods)
- Spelt Puffs, Organic 200g (Amisa)
- Wholegrain Spelt Flour 1kg (Doves Farm)
- Spelt Grain, Organic 1kg (Sussex Wholefoods)
- Spelt Pasta
- Spelt Pizza Bases x 2, Organic 300g (Biona)
- Spelt Crackers
- Spelt Pretzels with Sesame seeds, Organic 125g (Biona)
Spelt is a particular type of wheat
with characteristic nutritional properties. It is particularly high in protein
(generally around 15%) and tends to have lower amounts of gluten
than most species of wheat. Spelt wheat was actually farmed for centuries in ancient times and has fallen out of favour recently due to a range of factors, including the fact that more modern wheats have a higher yield. However, some people with wheat allergies find that they can tolerate spelt.
This is why this ancient crop, which was unfashionable until recently, has suddenly become a health food.
Spelt has a "heavy" feel to it which some people like, because it is quite a filling wheat. It can be used to make most wheat-based products, particularly pasta and crispbread.
Wholegrain Spelt Flour
- Spelt is related to wheat and can be used instead of wheat flour.
- High in protein.
Whole Spelt Grains
Unique and nutty in flavour.
Spelt Grains - No Husks!
Pearled spelt is a satisfying addition to stews, soups and salads. They also make a tasty risotto.
Wholegrain Flaked Spelt
- Ideal for muesli, porridge and breads.
- High in fibre and Iron.
Smokey flavoured Spelt Grain Wholegrain spelt with a twist.
Organic Rolled Spelt
Wholegrain spelt flakes in an economy sized bag. 100% natural, no other added ingredients.
Special Offer! Was:
Wholegrain Puffed Spelt
- A light, healthy cereal.
- Contains absolutely no additives.
Wholegrain, Stoneground Spelt Flour.
Milled from British spelt.
Good levels of protein & fibre.
More complex flavour than white flour.
Whole Grains of Spelt The outer husk is retained with these organically grown spelt grains.
Nutty flavour, perfect for stews and risottos.
Perfect ingredient for adding fibre and protein to your diet.
100% Whole Spelt Pasta
Healthy, hearty wholegrain spaghetti and frusli. These pastas are filling and satisfying. They contain no added salt.
Crackers & Crispbreads Made From Spelt
- Delicious with spreads, cheeses and dips.
- Great for a light lunch or snack.