Click on images to enlarge:
Raw organic cacao powder: not roasted,
not heated, and not modified from its raw, natural form.
Raw cacao has a fuller flavour and a
higher level of antioxidants than standard cocoa.
Compare our prices! Holland & Barrett
£31.96 for equivalent weight.
Last Batch Produced on Wed 18 Jan 2017 14:39. Best before End Sep 2018. Organic produce of Dominican Republic. Packed in the UK.
100% Pure Organic Cacao Powder - 1kg
Our top-of-the-range raw cacao.
- Raw organic cacao - kilo pack.
- Rich chocolate aroma.
- Can be used wherever standard (roasted) cocoa is used.
- Fuller flavour than roasted cocoa.
- Suitable for cooking & baking.
- Perfect for raw chocolate.
- Naturally high in antioxidants.
- Dairy-free, sugar-free, no additives.
- Foil-packed for extra freshness.
A must-have ingredient for all chocolate lovers! Raw Cacao Powder is lighter in colour than standard cocoa powder which is roasted. It therefore retains a richer chocolate flavour.
What is raw cacao powder?
Standard cocoa powder
is the result of extracting the solids from the cacao bean
. This involves a significant number of steps which can include drying and roasting the beans, before removing the cocoa butter under heat.
This raw cacao powder is a more straightforward, natural product. It is produced by grinding the raw cacao bean, then separating the solids from the oils (cacao butter) before grinding the solids again into a powder. The whole process is performed at a low temperature (below 42 degrees Celsius), thus keeping the cacao powder raw.
The cacao is not modified or processed in anyway (i.e. it is not roasted and not alkalised).
The result is a product with more of the goodness of the bean. Cacao contains natural antioxidants and essential fatty acids. It has the same great taste as cocoa and is used in exactly the same way.
Use as you would cocoa powder:
- Stir into warm milk to make a hot chocolate drink. We recommend coconut sugar as it really compliments the flavour.
- Add to smoothies for its protein and antioxidant value as well as its flavour.
- Use to dust the top of desserts or cappuccino for a chocolatey kick.
- Add to brownies, cakes and muffins for a truly luxury taste.
- Mix with Cacao Butter to make top quality, dairy-free home made chocolates.
Raw Organic Cacao. Produce of Dominican Republic. Also known as Theobroma Cacao.
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|_of which sugars||0.6g|
|_of which saturates||2.6g|