Banana Pineapple Muffins
- Crumbly, lightly sweet muffins.
- Ideal for breakfast.
- No cane sugar, dairy-free.
- Naturally contain no gluten.
- Makes around 12 muffins.
70g Coconut Oil, melted.
60-70g Medjool Dates, stones removed.
70g Coconut Sugar
30g Candied Orange Peel.
80g Pineapple cubes, roughly crushed and slightly drained.
50g Pecan Nuts, ground as finely as you can manage.
1 tsp Vanilla Paste
175g Rice Flour
20g Tapioca Flour
25g Potato Flour
60g Sprouted Buckwheat Flour
½tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp of Baking Powder
2 pinches of salt, optional.
- 2 Large Eggs
- 140g of Mashed Banana (this was about 1½ medium bananas)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°c Fan/ 180°c / Gas Mark 4. Fill a deep bun tin with paper cases.
- Remove the stones from the Medjool dates and squash into a paste with the back of a fork or whizz in a blender.
- Grind the pecan nuts in a coffee grinder or food processor. Otherwise just finely chop.
- Cream the coconut butter, the mashed dates and coconut sugar. Stir in the mashed banana and the vanilla paste.
- In another large mixing bowl add the buckwheat flour, rice flour, tapioca flour, potato flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Mix together.
- Toss the candied orange peel in the flour to help prevent the fruit from sinking whilst baking. Now add the butter mix and the 2 eggs. Whisk by hand or preferably with a hand mixer or food processor.
- Fold in the crushed pineapple.
- Spoon the cake batter into the cake cases. Bake in the centre of the oven for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and bouncy to the touch.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy hot or cold.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week (if they don’t get eaten before!) Perfect as an on-the-go breakfast muffin.