Vegan Pumpkin Cake
- Delicious Vegan Pumpkin Cake.
- Sugar-free but still delightfully sweet.
- Extremely moreish!
3 cups flour
1 cup pumpkin puree
0.75 cup oil
0.5 cup oat milk
0.5 cup xylitol (for the cake) + 2 tbsp (for the cashew icing)
0.5 cup raisins
0.25 cup walnuts
3 tbsp cider vinegar
1.5 tsp baking soda
0.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp cinnamon powder
0.25 tsp ginger powder
pinch of salt
1.5 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for about an hour)
0.5 cup oat cream
0.25 cup melted coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Start with making the icing. It needs to rest in the fridge for at least 6 hours before you add it to the cake.
- Mix cashew nuts (pre-soaked), oat cream, maple syrup, melted coconut oil lemon juice, xylitol and sea salt in the blender and blend until smooth. Put it in the fridge and stir every hour to give it a fluffy but solid consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger powder and salt.
- In a blender, mix the pumpkin, the half cup of xylitol, the sunflower oil, the oat cream and the raisins. Blend until smooth.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients using a spatula.Add raisins and stir.
- Transfer your cake mixture to a cake tin and bake for about an hour (until the cake is golden brown). Take it out from the tin and leave to cool.
- Chop your walnuts.
- Cut the cake horizontally through the middle. Ice the cake with cashew icing and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.