Cheese & Herb Teff Muffins
- Makes 6 Savoury Muffins.
- Gluten-free recipe, moist texture.
- Simple to make from scratch.
125g of Rice Flour.
75g of Brown Teff Flour
50g of Cornflour (Corn starch).
1 tsp of Herbes de Provence.
1 Tbsp of Coconut Sugar.
1 Tbsp of Baking Powder.
50g of Deodorised Coconut Butter, melted.
Large pinch of salt.
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 100g of Emmental Cheese, finely grated.
- 200ml of Milk, plus a little extra for achieving a loose batter mix.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c Fan/ 220°c/ Gas Mark 6. Grease a muffin pan.
- Sift the Rice Flour, Teff Flour and Cornflour (corn starch) into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 60g of the grated Emmental, the Baking Powder and the Herbes de Provence. Combine these dry ingredients.
- Add the milk, eggs and melted Coconut Butter. Mix all the ingredients vigorously until you have a thick batter.
- To achieve a lighter, more moist muffin it is recommended that a looser batter is made by adding a little more milk until you have a thinnish, dropping consistency. Wholemeal flour absorbs more moisture so often need more water or milk added to them.
- Fill each of the muffin moulds ⅔ of the way up. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the tops have risen over the rim of the moulds and spring back to the touch.
- Turn off the oven. Remove the muffin pan and sprinkle the remainder of the Emmental over each muffin. Place back in the oven and allow the residual heat to melt the cheese.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and run a knife around the edge of each muffin mould to release each muffin.
- Best served warm from the oven!