Apple & Blackberry Crumble
- The Classic Hot Pud
- Topped with gluten-free crumble.
- Sweetened with Coconut Sugar.
- Serves 4.
55g Coconut Butter
20g Coconut Sugar plus a few tsp extra for sprinkling
40g Coconut Flour
55g Buckwheat Flour
¼ tsp of Mixed Spice
40g Freeze Dried Blackberries
2 Tbsp of Cocugar
- 3 medium eating apples.
- A few Tbsp milk or milk substitute.
- 4 or 5 Tbsp of water.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°c/ Fan 180°c /350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Peel and core the apples. Slice into eighths and cut these segments in half.
- Put the apples in a non-stick saucepan along with the water, freeze-dried blackberries and the Coconut Sugar Paste. Put a lid on and gently simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once the apples and blackberries have softened remove the pan from the hob and set to one side.
- Put the coconut flour and buckwheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add the coconut butter, coconut sugar and mixed spice. Using your finger tips rub the fat into the flour until you have rough breadcrumbs. Add a little milk if the mix is too dry.
- Transfer the fruit mixture into a oven-proof dish. Even out with the back of a spoon.
- Crumble the pastry crumbs over the top of the fruit. Keep some of crumbs large so that you have an uneven texture to create a nice, crunchy topping.
- Lastly, sprinkle a few teaspoons of coconut sugar over the surface of the pastry crumble.
- Place in the middle of the oven for around 20-30 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
- Remove and serve with custard or ice-cream. Any leftovers can be stored, covered in the fridge for around 2 days.