Sweet Breakfast Farls
- Moist, soft gluten-free fruity slices.
- No cane sugar, dairy-free.
- Ideal for breakfast – filling, fibreful and bite-sized.
- Makes around 12-14 mini-loaves.
100g Medjool Dates, stones/pits removed
2-3 Tbsp Chia Seed
250-300ml Rice Milk add extra as required.
20g Freeze-Dried Raspberries
2 tsp Vanilla Paste
100g Coconut Oil, melted.
250g Rice Flour
75g Tapioca Flour
75g Potato Flour
2-3 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
3 tsp of Baking Powder
1 pinch of salt, optional.
- 2 Medium Eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C Fan/200°C/Gas Mark 6. Lay out some mini-loaf moulds (ours measured 9.5cm x 5cm x 4cm (3¾” x 2″ x 1½”) onto a baking tray – grease if necessary. We used silicone mini loaf moulds – actually mini loaf tin liners – which do not require greasing.
- In a food processor/blender using a sharp blade attachment, finely chop the dates so that they become a rough sticky paste.
- Swap the blade to a plastic attachment and sift in the flours. Add the remaining ingredients including the Baking Powder and process until you have a thick batter.
- Add a little extra Rice Milk to thin the mix to almost a dropping consistency. Spoon into the loaf moulds filling them about three quarters full.
- Place in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before turning out.
- Enjoy straight from the oven!