Soft Spicy Ginger Biscuits
- Soft spiced biscuits cut into Valentines hearts topped with homemade raw plain chocolate and pink raspberry chocolate. These spicy ginger biscuits are very soft, sweet and full of flavour. They are easy to make and can be cut into fun shapes – here we have chosen romantic love hearts.
- This recipe makes 8-12 biscuits.
275g Plain Brown Flour
160g Coconut Sugar
125g Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Ginger Powder
1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
Half a teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Pinch of salt
4 Tbsp Black Molasses
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 180° and prepare a large tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, ground spices, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a bowl.
- In a different bowl, beat the coconut oil and xylitol until light and fluffy. Add the molasses and water. When the mixture is even, stir in the flour mixture bit by bit. You will eventually have a thick and sticky dough.
- To make the biscuit shapes, roll a small handful of dough in the palm of your hand and press down onto the baking paper. Have a bowl of warm water nearby to rinse hands and assist in rolling. Leave about 2cm between each ball. These biscuits expand as they cook.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. The biscuit will be very soft when they come out. Leave them on the tray until they have cooled and hardened. If you want to make shaped biscuits, it is advisable to cut out after they have been baked. The biscuits are soft enough for this. If you cut out the shapes before they are baked, they may lose shape as they spread out in the oven.