Vanilla & Blueberry Dairy Free Cheesecake
- Makes enough for 1 large or several small cheesecakes.
- No baking or cooking required!
- Dairy-free, no cane sugar.
- Can be kept frozen for up to several months.
- Adapt the recipe with different toppings.
150g Pitted Dates. The dates make the base of the cheesecake moist and sweet without the need for sugar or fat.
150g Unblanced Almonds create a light crunch and biscuit-like base.
¼ tsp French 4-Spice Blend. This is a sweet spice that compliments the nuts in the filling.
150g Cashew Nuts, pre-soaked overnight or for at least 6 hours in cold water.
80g of Coconut Butter. We have used odourless coconut butter so that the coconut flavour is not overpowering. This helps to soften the texture of the filling.
120g of full-fat coconut milk. Helps to create a creamy flavour.
150g of Coconut Syrup. The only sweetener used in the filling.
1 tsp of Vanilla Paste.
5 Tbsp of Lemon Juice. This ingredient lends the filling the light tartness associated with a cheesecake.
4-5 Tbsp of Freeze-dried Blueberry Powder. This is a highly concentrated pure fruit powder with no added sugar. It contrasts beautifully with the vanilla filling without the need for extra sweetening. It offers a quick and convenient method of adding flavour. It also looks very attractive!
- Line three 12cm (4 ¾inch) circular loose-based fluted flan tins with two circles of baking parchment/greaseproof paper in each base. This helps to remove the cheesecake from the base later as it becomes sticky when dessert begins to defrost.
- Drain the pre-soaked dates on some kitchen roll, squeezing out any excess water gently with another sheet on top.
- Transfer the dates and the unblanched almonds into a food processor. Add the French 4-Spice Mix and blend together into a paste.
- Remove the paste and form into a ball. Divide the mixture as necessary then press the mixture evenly across the base of each of your cheesecake tins. Place in the freezer.
- Drain the cashew nuts and place into the clean bowl of the food processor and add the Coconut Milk, Coconut Butter, Coconut Syrup and Vanilla Extract. Blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- Taste the mixture and add more Coconut Syrup if you wish.
- Then add the Lemon Juice. Blend for up to half a minute to ensure the lemon juice is evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the cheesecake tins up to the rim and place in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake up to an hour prior to serving. Just before you are ready to serve slip the cheesecake from the tin onto your serving plate.
- Using a sieve, gently dust the top with a thick layer of Freeze-dried Blueberry Powder and serve. Any excess can be stored in the fridge for a few days.