Pumpkin Pecan Blondies
- Enjoy this seasonal treat anytime of year!
- Dairy free and naturally free from gluten.
- Soft with a caramel and sweet spice flavour.
- Makes around twenty 5cm x 5cm (2 inch square) brownies.
- Enjoy a slice with nice cuppa or just on its own.
90g Yellow Corn Flour
160g White Rice Flour
60g Corn Starch
200g Coconut Sugar (plus 8 tsp for sprinkling)
340g Pumpkin Puree
55g Coconut Jam
125g-130g Coconut Oil
50g Pecan halves, crushed into rough pieces.
50g Dark Chocolate chips
4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Large eggs (or Egg Alternative).
- 3-4 Tbsp milk or milk substitute
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°c Fan/ 180°c/ Gas Mark 4. Line the base of a 4cm/2inch deep rectangular baking tin with baking parchment. [Ours measured approximately 4cm x 30cm x 21cm (2 x 8 x 12inches)].
- Melt the coconut oil and coconut jam in the microwave. Tip into another bowl to allow to cool more quickly.
- Measure out the yellow corn flour, rice flour, corn starch, pumpkin spice, chocolate chips and pecan nuts into a separate bowl. Set to one side.
- Using a hand mixer or food processor blend the pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, coconut jam and coconut oil into a smooth batter.
- Then gradually mix in the dry mix. Then blend in the eggs until all ingredients are combined into a thick dropping consistency. Add a splash or two of milk or milk substitute to loosen the cake batter if it is a little dry.
- Spread evenly into the baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top bounces back to the touch. Remove from the oven. Heat the grill on high.
- Mix together the Coconut Sugar and Cinnamon Powder. Sprinkle evenly and generously over the top of the just-baked brownies.
- Place under the hot grill for 5 minutes until the coconut sugar starts to brown.
- Allow to cool for half an hour before slicing into squares. The slices can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.