Chocolate Truffles with Pink Salt
- Very moreish, creamy and rich dark chocolate truffles with a perfect balance of sweet and salty.
- Making these truffles requires a little patience, but the final result is well worth the effort!
- Perfect with coffee or tea.
- Vegan and Gluten-Free.
- Don’t forget to chill your coconut milk overnight one day before you plan on making the truffles!
100ml melted coconut oil
5tbsp cacao powder
1tbsp coconut sugar
coconut cream (made by chilling coconut milk)
generous pinch of salt
- hot water
- Place your coconut milk in the fridge and chill overnight.
- Cover dates with hot water and leave to soak for about 30 minutes. Drain the water and blend dates in a blender or food processor.
- Melt coconut oil in a heatproof bowl placed in a saucepan of boiling water. Add cacao powder and coconut sugar and mix well. Put 2tbsp of the mixture aside.
- Remove your coconut milk from the fridge, scoop the solid mix (coconut cream) from the tin and add to the cacao mix. Add blended dates and mix well.
- Chill your truffle mix for about 30 minutes.
- Scoop some truffle mix using a teaspoon. Form the truffles with your hands, dust in cacao powder and put in the fridge for an hour.
- Gently melt remaining chocolate in your microwave or a heat-proof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Using a spoon, pour a little bit of the melted chocolate on each truffle, sprinkle with salt, and chill for at least 15 minutes.