Bean Brownies with Cashew Cream
- These amazing, delicious, perfectly sweet and slightly salty brownies are made without the use of cane sugar, flour, gluten and dairy!
- A healthy and nutritious alternative to regular brownies.
- Full of protein!
- You won’t believe they are made using beans.
250g cooked red kidney beans
4tbsp ground flax
0.25cup almonds ground
50g cacao powder
150g coconut sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
0.5 cup sunflower oil
1tsp baking powder
0.5tsp bicarb soda
0.5cup cashews soaked
5 dates soaked
- 8tbsp hot water (to make flax egg).
- Hot water to soak dates and cashews.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix 4tbsp ground flaxseed with 8tbsp hot water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Soak cashews and dates in a bowl of hot water for at least 30 minutes.
- Grind your almonds and oats in a blender until you reach a flour-like texture.
- Place kidney beans in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place all ingredients (apart from dates and cashews) in the big mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour your brownie batter mix into a baking mould and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Remove cashews from the water and rinse. Place in a blender. Squeeze the moisture from dates and add to cashews. Add a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Add a little bit of water if the mix is too thick.
- Spread the cashew & date mix on your brownies and enjoy!