Bean Brownies with Cashew Cream
- These amazing, delicious, perfectly sweet and slightly salty brownies are made without the use of cane sugar, flour, gluten and dairy!
- A healthy and nutritious alternative to regular brownies.
- Full of protein!
- You won’t believe they are made using beans.
250g cooked red kidney beans
4tbsp ground flax
0.25cup almonds ground
50g cacao powder
150g coconut sugar
0.5 cup sunflower oil
1tsp baking powder
0.5tsp bicarb soda
0.5cup cashews soaked
5 dates soaked
- 8tbsp hot water.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Mix flaxseed with water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Soak cashews and dates in hot water for at least 30 minutes.
- Grind your almonds and oats in a blender until you reach a flour-like texture.
- Place kidney beans in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place all ingredients (apart from dates and cashews) in the big mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour your brownie batter mix into a baking mould and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Remove cashews from the water and rinse. Place in a blender. Squeeze the moisture from dates and add to cashews. Add a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Add a little bit of water if the mix is too thick.
- Spread the cashew & date mix on your brownies and enjoy!