Pumpkin & Cinnamon Swirls
- Completely vegan-friendly!
- Delicious swirls of pumpkin with coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- A great recipe for kids to help with.
- Perfect for Halloween or Bonfire Night, but super all year round.
250g Light Brown Wheat Flour
180g Pumpkin Puree
130g Coconut Sugar
2 tsp Quick Yeast
25g (and more to top) Rice Syrup
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 50g Vegan margarine
- 150ml Warm water
- Lightly grease a baking dish. 8 x 8 inch is ideal, although any similar size will be fine.
- Combine the flour, salt, yeast, 30g of the Coconut Sugar, 20g of the Vegan Margarine and warm water in a blender or a mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly until you have a smooth dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes before resting in a bowl, covering with clingfilm or a damp tea towel, and leaving to rest for an hour.
- Make the filling by mixing together the remaining Coconut Sugar and Vegan Margarine with the Pumpkin and the Cinnamon.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 1.5cm thick, and spread the filling on top.
- Roll the dough up like a Swiss roll, then cut 5cm thick discs and lay them on the prepared baking dish.
- Cover and leave to rise for 45 minutes.
- Set the oven to 190°C (gas mark 5).
- Uncover the dish and brush the swirls with a vegan milk alternative and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Top with the Rice Syrup while still hot.
- Dig in!