Oat Bran Cupcakes
- This recipe makes a whole batch of about 10-12 cupcakes.
- Half of them will be chocolate-flavoured, and the other half will be cinnamon-flavoured.
- Demonstrates the usage of oat bran.
- Easily adapted for the Dukan Diet.
These cupcakes are made mainly from oat bran. Oat bran is full of fibre and is becoming popular for people on the Dukan Diet. Use 12 level tablespoons.
This raw cocoa powder is used to flavour the chocolate-flavoured cupcakes. Use about 4 tablespoonfuls.
Use a heaped teaspoonful of cinnamon to flavour the cinnamon-flavoured cupcakes.
Coconut sugar is a less refined sugar, with a lower GI than refined cane sugar. Use about 8 tablespoonfuls (or use Stevia below).
- 4 eggs.
- Zero fat yoghurt (about 12 tablespoons).
- Put the oat bran, yoghurt, eggs, sugar (or stevia) and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and whisk the mixture to a pourable consistency.
- Separate the mixture into two bowls.
- In one bowl, whisk in the cacao powder.
- In the other bowl, whisk in the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in an extra tablespoonful of oat bran to the cinnamon bowl to make it a little less runny.
- Pour the contents of both bowls into separate cupcake moulds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Optionally, sprinkle with coconut sugar or stevia.