Jammy Dodger Cakes
Soft, chunky, jammy biscuits!
Think of sweet biscuits, yet soft and cakey with a sweet strawberry centre – Jammy Dodger cakes! These little treats are easy and fun to make. They are free from added sugar and contain extra fibre, thanks to the light brown flour.
200g brown self-raising flour
A jar of strawberry spread
1) In a mixing bowl, rub together the flour and butter until they resemble breadcrumbs. Add the egg to make the mixture stick together. Squash into a ball and roll the dough out on a floured surface.
2) At this stage, pre-heat the oven to 190°C. While the oven heats, cut out your biscuit shapes. We’ve stuck to classic circular 5cm cutters.
3) Make a small dip in the centre of half of the shapes. Spoon in a big dollop of strawberry spread in the middle and spread any excess across the surface. In the centre of the remaining shapes, cut out a smaller hole. Before you sandwich the two shapes together, wash the underside of the top shape with either egg wash or milk wash. This helps them stick together.
4) On a lined tin, lay out the biscuits with an inch gap between each. To glaze, brush with milk or egg.
5) Bake for 10/12 minutes, until golden brown.