Chocolate & Hazelnut Bars
- Delicious Nutella-tasting bars!
- Healthy and nutritious, and they taste divine!
- A fantastic lunchbox snack or pre or post-workout treat.
- Vegan and gluten-free.
150g Millet Flakes
150g Medjool Dates
3tbsp Coconut Oil
100ml maple syrup
75g cashew butter
1 Dark Chocolate Bar
a pinch of salt
- hot water
- Cover dates with boiling water and leave to stand.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
In a mixing bowl place millet flakes, oats, coconut oil and 100ml maple syrup, and mix well. Place on a baking tray (covered with baking paper) and bake for 15-20 minutes (check halfway through to make sure it’s not burnt).
- Place a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of water and gently heat on a low setting. Melt your chocolate bar in the bowl. Use a whisk to keep the mixture moving.
- Place your soaked dates, 100g hazelnuts, cashew nut butter, salt, melted chocolate, and a splash of water in a blender, and blend until you reach a paste consistency.
- Chop the remaining hazelnuts roughly.
- Mix your chocolate paste with toasted oats and chopped hazelnuts and combine.
- Layer a baking tray with parchment paper, pour your mixture into the baking tray and press down firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Cut into even shapes and enjoy!