Sweet Smoked Cashew Nibbles
- Crunchy, sweet and spicy flavour.
- Ideal as an appetiser or snack.
- Adjust the spice according to taste.
- Makes around 300g of nibbles.
250g of Cashews
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
¼ tsp Onion Powder
2 Tbsp Yeast Flakes
2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1-2 Tbsp Natural Sesame Seeds
4 Tbsp Olive Oil + a little extra for greasing the baking tray.
1-2 pinches salt (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°c Fan/190°c/Gas Mark 5. Lightly grease a non-stick baking tray with a little Olive or Rapeseed Oil.
- In a small mixing bowl add the smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, coconut sugar and yeast flakes. Stir then add a pinch or two of salt if you wish.
- Now mix in the maple syrup and olive oil. Combine thoroughly into a slightly runny paste. Put the cashew nuts in a separate mixing bowl (or if you are in a hurry, directly into the baking tray) and pour over the smoky syrup mixture.
- Coat the cashews well in the seasoning and then transfer to the baking tray (if you haven’t already prepared them directly in the tray).
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and stir a little. Place in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a rich brown colour. Stir half way through.
- Allow to cool before eating and/or transferring into an airtight container. The nibbles should stay fresh and crunchy for several weeks if stored in an airtight container.