- A sweet popular in India and the Middle East.
- Made with sesame flour.
- Also known as “halwa”.
- Makes 6 balls.
- 5 minutes to prepare, half an hour to refrigerate.
2 tablespoons of set honey (not runny honey).
Just a teaspoonful or so of milk to make the mixture more workable. Here, we used almond milk.
A couple of pinches of cardamom powder.
A handful of these non-salted pistachios as a topping. Crush first.
120g sesame flour
- Mix the sesame flour, honey and a tiny dash of milk in a food blender.
- If the mixture is too firm and unworkable, add a little more milk. If too loose, add a little more sesame flour.
- Add the cardamom powder and give it a final mix.
- Roll the mixture into balls (you may need to dust your hands with sesame flour).
- Crush the pistachio kernels and sprinkle over the balls.
- Refrigerate for half an hour to firm up the balls.