Millet Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce
- Succulent vegan cheesecake.
- Delicious and easy to make.
- Perfect combination of sweet and salty flavours.
200g Millet Grain
175g Pitted Medjool Dates
100g Coconut Sugar
575ml Soya Milk
250ml Oat Cream
50ml Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Cornflour
1/2 Tsp Ground Cardamom
- Cook millet grain in 450ml of soya milk and leave to cool.
- Cover dates with boiling water and leave to soak.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place cooked millet, 125ml soya milk, 125ml oat cream, lemon juice, sugar, cornflour, cardamom and a sprinkle of salt in the blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add cranberries and stir with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the 22cm cake tin. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Place soaked dates, 125ml oat cream and a generous sprinkle of salt in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Chop hazelnuts.
- Spread the date sauce over the top of your cake and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Best served chilled.