Chia, Almond & Oat Cookies
- These delicious chia cookies are plant-based, gluten and guilt-free!
- Soft, chewy and full of wholesome goodness!
- Tonka beans in this recipe add a fantastic flavour and irresistible aroma.
- Very easy to make, healthy and nutritious!
- This recipe makes 12 medium size cookies.
1 cup porridge oats
3tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup coconut oil
4tbsp maple syrup
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
a pinch of grated tonka bean (optional, but recommended)
- 12tbsp water.
- Mix 3 tbsp chia seeds with 12tbsp water and leave to stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Grind the oats in the blender until a fine flour texture appears. Move to a big mixing bowl.
- Place almonds in the blender/grinder and grind until powdered. Mix with the oat flour.
- Melt coconut oil in a microwave or on the stove.
- Add baking powder, salt and grated tonka bean (you only need a tiny pinch) to your oat and almond mix.
- Add in your wet ingredients (coconut oil, chia mix and maple syrup) and mix using a spoon.
- Place your cookies on the baking tray – 1 tbsp of cookie mix per cookie. Shape using a fork. Your cookies should be around 0.5-1cm thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are dark brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Enjoy on their own or with your favourite toppings!