Butter Bean & Macadamia Blondies
- These delicious blondies are full of nutrients, flavour and aroma!
- They make a fantastic quick and nutritious breakfast or tasty afternoon treat.
- You won’t believe they are made of beans.
- Vegan and cane-sugar free.
1.5cup cooked butter beans
1 cup porridge oats
0.5cup maple syrup (or honey for non-vegan version)
0.5cup coconut oil
1tsp baking powder
0.5tsp bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of grated tonka bean (optional, but recommended)
salt to taste
0.5cup macadamia nuts
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.
- Melt coconut oil in a microwave or on the stove.
- Grind the oats in the blender until fine flour texture appears. Move to a big mixing bowl.
- Place butter beans and melted coconut oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Add to oats.
- Add in maple syrup, baking powder, salt, bicarbonate of soda and grated tonka bean (you only need a tiny pinch). Mix well.
- Pour your blondie mix into a baking tray, sprinkle with macadamia nuts and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before slicing.