Buckwheat and Okra Bhuna
This tasty, filling recipe really demonstrates the versatility of buckwheat. It takes 20 minutes to cook and is suitable for gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan diets.
2 cups of buckwheat groats
Half a jar of curry paste
1 can of lentils
1 tsp coconut oil for frying
1 red onion
1 red pepper
400g fresh okra
1 small sprig of coriander (to garnish)
1) Pour 2 cupfuls of buckwheat groats into a large saucepan.
2) Boil a kettle of water and pour into the saucepan.
3) Simmer the buckwheat for 20 minutes.
4) While the buckwheat is simmering, chop the onion and fry in a saucepan with the coconut oil.
5) Add half a jar of the bhuna paste and stir.
6) Add the okra, green lentils and chopped red pepper, with half a cupful of water.
7) Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
8) Serve and enjoy!