- Moist little cakes suitable for the whole family.
- No cane sugar, no dairy.
- Ideal for using up slightly tart blueberries!
- Makes 24 small cupcakes/ 12-16 large.
250g Spelt Flour
230g Coconut Sugar
110g Coconut Butter
125ml Coconut Milk Drink
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp salt (optional)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Medium-Large eggs.
- 200g-225g of Fresh Blueberries, washed and dried.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c Fan/ 200°c/ Gas Mark 6.
- Combine the coconut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla extract either by hand or with a mixer.
- Coat the dried blueberries in a little spare Spelt flour. Set to one side.
- Add an egg and mix in a little of the flour. Beat in and then add the second egg and more flour so you start to get a smooth paste.
- Sprinkle the baking powder and last of the flour into the mixing bowl. Pour in the coconut milk and blend until you have a dropping consistency.
- Now fold in the blueberries. Spoon the cake batter into the paper cases around ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cakes have risen and the tops are golden brown and bounce back to the touch.
- Along to cool on a rack before eating. These cupcakes taste even better the next day. Store in an airtight container.
- Eat on their own or dust with a sprinkle of coconut sugar or stevia.