- Simple, no-fuss recipe.
- No egg white and no cane sugar!
- Use to cover cakes and make confectionery.
- Makes around 320g of Pistachio Paste.
125g unroasted shelled pistachios, ground into a powder (use a coffee grinder or super-blender)
75g Ground Almonds
40g Fruit Sugar
1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Date Syrup
1-2 tsp of Rose Water Essence
- Transfer the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients.
- Gradually mix in the ingredients with a large mixing spoon using a combination of a cutting motion and pressing. The result should be a loose crumbly, yet sticky mix, a little like a biscuit or pastry dough.
- Using your hands bring the mixture together into a ball.
- The paste is now ready to use. It should be easily malleable but still hold its shape.