Brazil Nut & Pumpkin Biscotti
- Our healthier take on this Italian classic.
- These amazing biscotti make a fantastic afternoon snack or breakfast treat.
- Delicious, nutritious and easy to make!
- Vegan and cane sugar-free.
0.75 cup whole brazil nuts + 0.25 cup ground brazil nuts
2 cups plain white flour
1 cup pumpkin puree
0.75 cup coconut sugar
0.25 cup melted coconut oil
1.5 heaped tsp baking powder
3 tbsp plant-based milk
3 tbsp agave syrup
1 tsp cinnamon powder
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line your tray with baking paper.
- In a small pot, melt coconut oil over low heat.
- Mix pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, soya milk and agave syrup in a big mixing bowl.
- Add all dry ingredients and mix well, first with a wooden spoon, and then using your hands until a smooth dough forms.
- Scoop the dough onto the baking tray and form a log using hands dampened with water.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for approximately 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the biscotti into diagonal slices about 0.5inch wide.
- Place back on the lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes until crispy.
- Leave to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.