This recipe is testament to the fact that cupboardy ingredients can easily make a delicious meal. This recipe makes around 30 small veggie balls and the whole dish will make enough to serve 4-6 people.
1) Pour the contents of the 2 burger mix sachets into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle the Smoked Paprika evenly through the dry mix.
2) Crack the in the eggs and a little water. Then gradually stir through enough water to soak the dry mix. Leave for around 10 minutes.
3) Put the kettle on to boil some water for the pasta. Now finely chop the onion and put to one side.
4) Check the burger mix. If it is too dry add some more water and mix thoroughly.
5) Using wet hands, form the burger mix into small balls and place onto a plate.
6) Add a knob or two of butter/coconut butter to a non-stick frying pan and bring to the sizzle.
7) Fry the balls, turning a few times to brown. You may need to add extra fat whilst frying.
8) While the veggie balls are frying put the Ditalini into a saucepan full of boiling water and bring to a simmer.
9) Soak the sun-dried tomato halves in a bowl of hot water. Leave to one side.
10) Once cooked, remove the veggie balls and place onto a clean oven proof plate. Either put to one side or place in a very low oven.
11) Take the sun-dried tomatoes halves out of the water and chop into small pieces or strips.
12) Using the same frying pan (remove any fragments of veggie balls with kitchen roll) add some more butter/coconut butter and the chopped onions.
13) Once the onions are golden brown add the Tomatoes, Turtle Beans, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Herbs and bring to a gentle bubble for 7-10 minutes or until all the ingredients are warmed through.
14) By now the Ditalini should almost be cooked, but check by removing some and tasting them. If ready, drain and rinse the pasta using a colander.
15) Everything should now be ready to serve. You can stir the veggie balls into the sauce and add the Ditalini into one big serving bowl. Alternatively you can spoon the pasta into bowls followed by the sauce and then balls on top.
16) Garnish with more mixed herbs and coarse ground/cracked black pepper.17) Serve with a green salad or pep things up a bit with some Chilli Sauce!
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.