This gluten-free quiche is the perfect accompaniment to summer picnics.
Sun-Dried Tomato and Goat's Cheese Quiche (Gluten-Free) - Recipe
The tangy tomatoes and goat's cheese in this gluten-free quiche are complemented with the fresh taste of green summer vegetables.
This recipe is designed for a deep 24cm quiche tin. Alternatively, you can create 6 individual gluten-free quiches - perfect for a party canapé.
Helpful tip: If you do not have any baking beans when you are blind baking, place a sheet of baking parchment on top of the pastry and fill the space with uncooked dry pulses. We used chickpeas and they worked a treat! This process ensures the pastry does not shorten and that it bakes into an even shell ready for your filling!
– 1 tablespoon of light margarine,
– 2 tablespoons of plain flour,
– 1 medium courgette,
– 2 medium eggs,
– 250ml Almond milk,
– 3 spring onions, finely sliced,
– 6 sun-dried tomatoes,
– 60g soft goat's cheese,
Before you begin making the pie, have your pastry made and ready to use...
1) Line the quiche dish with the pastry and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with egg before returning to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
2) In the meantime, sauté courgettes and spring onions in the margarine until softened.
3) Sift in the flour and stir so all the mixture is coated.
4) Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously so the flour and milk combine to create a
5) Season and stir in the two eggs. Pour this mixture into the pastry case and bake for 20 minutes.
6) Layer goat's cheese and sun-dried tomatoes on top of the quiche filling and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. We offer free UK delivery on all orders over £39, and international delivery is also available for our overseas customers.