Feta, Spinach Stuffed Pancakes Stuffed with a Marinara Sauce
For a supper in no time, this could be the recipe for you! The simplicity of
the recipe however in no way compromises on the taste. The fresh flavours of the feta and
spinach are complemented with the hearty Italian tomato sauce.
This recipe makes about 4 largish pancakes, whilst the sauce is a generous helping. You can adapt the batter mix to make more or less depending on how many hungry mouths you are serving.
1) Start with the marinara sauce. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Finely chop the onion and the garlic, and add to the pan. Cook until softened.
2) Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and seasoning. Leave the sauce to
simmer on a low heat whilst you make pancakes.
3) In a mixing bowl, sift in the flour make a well in the middle. Crack the egg into
the well and gently whisk together whilst slowly adding the milk to the mixture. The mixture should be smooth and quite runny. If the mix is too thick, you can always add more milk.
4) Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and add a largish ladle of the batter to the pan. Cook evenly on both sides and remove from the pan. Repeat this until you have no more batter left.
5) Add the feta and spinach to each pancake and roll into cannelloni shapes.
6) Serve the rolls with a smothering of marinara sauce, fresh salad and cracked black pepper.
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.