Spelt & Raspberry Nutty Flapjacks with White Chocolate - Recipe
Healthier Spelt Flapjacks with Gojis, Raspberry & Raw White Chocolate
Toffee-like, crunchy spelt bars made with red berries, coconut sugar, cashews and homemade white chocolate. These tasty treats are DAIRY FREE and low GI in comparison to many honey-rich, sugar-full flapjacks/oat bars available in supermarkets.
Spelt bars are fun to make and taste fabulous! Great for the kids and adults - they're sweet yet not sickly. They taste great with a drizzling of white chocolate but they're just as tasty on their own. Give them a go!
This makes about 16 wide bars. Preparation: You'll need a tray approximately 20cm x 40cm (Greased and lined with baking paper). Preheat your oven to 180°C (170°C for fan assisted).
1) Melt the coconut sugar, coconut butter and syrup in a pan on low/medium heat. The sugar takes longer to melt than the butter so keep stirring regularly - you want a smooth toffee sauce. Don't let it burn. When it begins to gently bubble, remove from the heat and set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, add the grains, seeds, goji berries and nuts. Pour in the sugary mix using a spatula to scrape out all the contents of the pan. Give the whole thing a good stir.
3) Drop your mix onto your lined tray and spread out. The bars should be about an inch think. Pop in the oven and bake for about 15/20 minutes. Then set aside to cool. (Any goji berry on the top will darken. This is normal).
4) To make the white chocolate, melt the cocoa butter in a baine Marie (a bowl suspended in a pan of boiling water). Squeeze in some agave and whisk. Add the lucuma, vanilla and cashew meal.
5) Slice the spelt into bars and drizzle on the white chocolate. To finish, decorate with crushed freeze dried raspberries. Chill in the fridge to set the chocolate.
White chocolate recipe courtesy of Galia at Chock Chick.
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. We offer free UK delivery on all orders over £39, and international delivery is also available for our overseas customers.