1) Preheat the oven to 180° and prepare a large tray with baking paper.
2) Sift the flour, ground spices, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a bowl.
3) In a different bowl, beat the butter and sugar (xylitol) until light and fluffy. Add sugar, the molasses and water. When the mixture is even, stir in the flour mixture bit by bit. You will eventually have a thick and sticky dough.
4) To make the biscuit shapes, roll a small handful of dough in the palm of your hand and press down onto the baking paper. - TIP 1: Have a bowl of warm water nearby to rinse hands and assist in rolling. - TIP 2: Leave about 2cm between each ball. These biscuits expand as they cook.
5) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. - TIP 1: The biscuit will be very soft when they come out. Leave them on the tray until they have cooled and hardened. - TIP 2: If you want to make shaped biscuits, it is advisable to cut out after they have been baked. The biscuits are soft enough for this. If you cut out the shapes before they are baked, they may lose shape as they spread out in the oven.
This recipe makes 8-12 biscuits.
The coating of chocolate is homemade raw dark chocolate. To make raw chocolate, all you need is:
The pink chocolate drizzle was made using equal parts cacao butter and Freeze Dried Raspberry Powder. Gently melt the cacao. Whilst the cacao melts, sift the raspberry powder to remove seeds. Add the powder to the cacao and leave to cool for 15 minutes before applying to your biscuits.
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.