Temporary changes to delivery are currently in place due to high volume of orders
This quinoa salad makes an light supper or lunch.
Warm Salad of Red Quinoa & Butternut Squash
The soft, honey-roasted butternut squash is complimented nicely with the crunch of the toasted pecans and natural texture of the cooked quinoa. This salad is best served warm as the flavours meld together nicely. It is a filling (but not stodgy), sweet-savoury dish suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
You can adapt the recipe by swapping the pecans for Roasted Cashews and adding Raisins along with a white onion instead.
This recipe makes enough for 2 people as a main course and 3-4 people as a starter or side.
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200°c/ Fan 190°c/ Gas Mark 5.
2) Place the Red Quinoa in a saucepan and cover to an inch or so above the quinoa with recently boiled water. Stir occasionally whilst allowing to simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes. You may need to add more water during the cooking process if you prefer slightly softer quinoa.
3) Peel and roughly chop the butternut squash into bite sized chunks. Spread evenly in a medium roasting pan and drizzle with Olive oil. Mix with a wooden spoon to ensure an even coating.
4) Then drizzle over a few teaspoons of honey, sprinkle with sea salt, add the ginger and garlic paste and a dash of curry powder. Toss everything together. Roast in the top half of the oven until the squash is tender or for around 15 to 20 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, put the pecans into a dry frying pan and gently toast over a medium heat, turning as necessary to avoid burning.
6) Warm a large serving bowl and add in the cooked quinoa, the roasted butternut, cranberries and the toasted pecans. Mix gently, then add the chopped parsley.
7) Taste the mixture and add extra seasoning and oil if you wish. Serve straight away to enjoy this dish at its best!
Healthy Supplies: The UK's Top Online Health Food Store
At Healthy Supplies, we stock the widest range of organic and eco-friendly food, drink and lifestyle products online. Our selection includes free-from, vegan and gluten-free foods and you can make massive savings with our economy sized bulk packs. We’re committed to enhancing the overall health and wellbeing of our customers. That’s why, on top of health foods, we offer sports nutrition, eco-friendly home and ethical beauty products.
Healthy Supplies is an online health food & health products store based out of Sussex, England. International delivery is also available for our overseas customers.