Zinglicious Tiger Nut Bites
- Naturally sweet, no added sugar or syrups.
- Satisfying and filling nutty snack.
- Full of fibre and plant fats.
- Quick to make in less than an hour.
- Makes x36 4cm rounds/1½ inch rounds.
100g of Ground Almonds.
80-95g of Medjool Dates or x4-5 dates, stones removed.
40g Apricots or around x5 apricots.
60g Milled Tiger Nuts/ Tiger Nut flour
2 Dsp Macadamia & Tigernut Butter or Macadamia Butter.
1 Tbsp Chia Seed.
1 tsp Green Aniseed. For more information on our ingredients policy please see here
- Zest of 1 Medium Lemon [1½tsp of Lemon Zest]
- Add the apricots, Medjool dates (stones removed!) and ground almonds into a blender or powerful smoothie maker, with the grinding blade attached (this is usually the one with a straight-ish blade, but check your individual machine and its instructions). Grind into a rough paste.
- Transfer this paste into a large mixing bowl. Then add the milled tiger nuts, lemon zest, lemon juice, nut butter, chia seeds and green aniseed.
- Combine all the ingredients together with the back of a fork.
- Bring the mixture together into a dough ball. If you wish you can store the mixture in the fridge overnight or until you are ready to make your bites.
- When you are ready to make the ‘bites’, cover a wooden chopping with cling film and roll out the mix to your chosen thickness. These ingredients make around 380g of mix.
- Cut out your chosen shapes (we used and upside-down shot glass to cut out ours) and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat. Alternatively make into small, bite size balls.
- The bites or balls can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.