Wintertime Sweet Waffles
- Sweetly spiced waffles for breakfast, lunch or supper.
- Dairy free and naturally free from gluten.
- Makes around x6 16cm/6¼ inch Waffles
35g Tapioca Flour
35g Chestnut Flour
1½ tsp Baking Powder
1-2 tsp Stollen Spice Blend
12 Tbsp of Rapeseed Oil for greasing the waffle maker.
1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
6-12 Tbsp Coconut Syrup, for serving.
pinch of Salt For more information on our ingredients policy please see here
- 3 eggs.
- In a large batter jug or mixing bowl add the cashew milk and egg.
- Beat by hand or with a mixer until combined and a little frothy.
- In a separate bowl measure out all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Now gradually add the dry ingredient mix to the wet mix and beat for several minutes until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour or ladle the batter into your oiled waffle machine/waffle iron – we used around 2 tablespoons of oil per waffle. The waffles should puff up nicely.
- These waffles should brown slightly and take approximately 7-10 minutes to cook at maximum temperature. However, cooking times will vary according to each waffle maker, but its best not to disturb the mixture for at least 2-3 minutes right at the start when the batter is starting to solidify.