White Chocolate Truffle Eggs
- Dairy-free, caffeine-free chocolates.
- Sweetened naturally with fruit and nuts.
- Makes enough for 5 medium egg halves.
- Easily moulded into a variety of chocolate shapes.
50g Cacao Butter
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
20g Ground Almonds
20g Desiccated Coconut
25g Cashew Nuts
20g Quinoa Flakes
1 Vanilla Pod i.e. all the seeds from inside.
1 tsp of Lucuma Powder
1-2 Tbsp of Freeze-dried Banana Powder
3 Medjool Dates, with stone removed
- Roughly grate the Cacao Butter into a heat-proof bowl. This will make for quicker melting.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Ensure the water does not touch the base of the bowl. You do not need to put the pan on the hob.
- Add the coconut oil and stir until it melts. Now stir in the seeds from the vanilla pods.
- Make sure the pits/stones are removed from your Medjool Dates. Finely chop and squash into a paste with the back of a fork or use a food processor to create a rough paste. Put to one side.
- Using a coffee grinder or food processor to grind the cashew nuts into a medium-fine powder.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Combine thoroughly.
- Now spoon the mixture into your chosen chocolate mould, pressing it in firmly to ensure there are no air bubbles.
- Flatten off the top with a knife, palette knife or spatula and place in the fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Using disposable gloves turn out each chocolate egg and display or wrap as you wish!