Veggie Burrito Power Bowl
- Warm salad with a little kick!
- Vegetarian and vegan super-salad!
- Makes enough for 2-3 people.
- Quick to make with cupboard ingredients.
100g Small Soya Chunks
240g Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed.
4-6 Tbsp Salsa Sauce for serving.
½ Vegetarian Stock Cube
1 tsp Garlic Powder
4 tsp Taco Seasoning
½ tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Oregano
4 Tbsp Red peppers
- 1 medium to large Onion
- ½ an iceberg lettuce
- 1 Avocado
- 450ml of recently boiled water
- Crumble the half stock cube into a large jug or mixing bowl and stir in the 250ml of boiling water. Add the soya pieces, then stir in 1 teaspoon of the Taco seasoning.
- Allow the soya chunks to soak for around 15 minutes. In the meantime, dice the onion and shred the lettuce.
- Soak the red peppers in around 100ml of boiled water for around 5-10 minutues.
- Then drain and squeeze out excess water from the soya. Then drain off the water from the dried pepper.
- Heat some oil in a deep frying pan and fry half the diced onion until it begins to colour. Add the soaked peppers, soaked soya pieces and the remaining 3 tsp of Taco Seasoning.
- Sautee for 10 mins – add a tablespoon or two of water if the mix becomes too dry. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another pan, warm a few tablespoons of oil and add the remainder of the onion. Then add the garlic powder, coriander powder and oregano. Fry gently for a few minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add the kidney beans and 100ml boiled water, cook for 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl and mash roughly with the back of a fork or potato masher. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the sweetcorn if you wish. Slice the avocado into small chunks.
- Then assemble each of the ‘super bowls’. Spoon in some of each element, i.e.: soya mix, re-fried beans, lettuce, avocado and salsa dip in each bowl to create attractive stripes.
- Serve with soured cream (optional) and extra salsa sauce.