- Low carbohydrate brunch recipe.
- Filling and substantial.
- Can be made gluten-free.
- Serves 6-8 people.
1½ tsp of Onion Powder
1 tsp of Garlic Powder
2 pinches of Rosemary
2 pinches of Thyme
2 pinches of Oregano
3-4 Tbsp Rapeseed oil. For more information on our ingredients policy please see here
- 350g fresh Cauliflower, broken into large florets.
- 150g cherry tomatoes, chopped in half.
- 150g button mushrooms.
- 8 large eggs.
- 3 vegetarian sausages of your choice.
- 3 rashers of vegetarian bacon (optional).
- 6-8 Tbsp milk or milk substitute.
- Line a deep brownie tin with greaseproof paper/baking parchment. Pre-heat the oven to 190°c/ 180°c Fan/ Gas Mark.
- Heat some of the rapeseed oil in a non-stick frying pan and gently fry the veggie bacon and sausages until they have coloured.
- While these are frying place the cauliflower florets into a food processor with a metal blade. Blitz until you have loose crumbs of cauliflower. Set to one side.
- Remove the cooked sausages and bacon from the pan. Set to one side. Then pan fry the mushrooms.
- Finally fry-off the cauliflower rice in a little more of the rapeseed oil.
- Whilst the cauliflower rice is steaming – remember to keep stirring this on a medium-low heat – beat the eggs a little.
- Then add the garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, oregano, and thyme to the egg mix. Beat (by hand) again until it is all well combined. Any lumps of powder should easily be smoothed out with the back of a plastic spoon or spatula.
- Spread the steamed cauliflower evenly over the entire base of the baking tray.
- Slice the sausages on the diagonal and cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces. Arrange these over the surface of the cauliflower followed by tomato halves and whole button mushrooms.
- Pour over the egg mix and place in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top and the egg mix has become firm – test this with a knife.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into 6 or 8 rectangles. Serve with baked beans, salad, ketchup or relish of your choice!