Vegetarian Pancake Lasagne
- A healthier way to enjoy lasagne.
- A great savoury alternative for Pancake Day!
- A super-tasty family meal.
250g Wholemeal Flour
250ml Almond Milk
1 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil
1 Tin Spinach
4 Tbsp Tomato Powder
1 Tin Borlotti Beans
1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
Chilli Powder to flavour
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp Oregano
Salt to flavour For more information on our ingredients policy please see here
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- 7 medium chestnut mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 mozzarellas
- Hard cheese for grating
- To make pancakes, combine almond milk, 250ml water, 1 egg and 250g of flour with a pinch of salt. Mix well using a hand mixer.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and brush with a little bit of rapeseed oil.
- Put three spoons of batter per pancake into the pan, and fry until brown on each side.
- Dice the onions, mushrooms and garlic. Heat a pan over a medium heat and add a little bit of rapeseed oil. Fry onions, mushrooms and garlic until golden brown.
- Add the drained spinach & borlotti beans to the pan and stir well, letting them cook slowly for a few minutes.
- Mix 400ml of water with 3 tablespoons of Tomato Powder and add to the pan.
- Season to flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- On a baking tray, layer the pancakes with the spinach mix and thinly-sliced mozzarella. Repeat layers with remaining pancakes and ingredients, ending with the pancake.
- Mix 50ml water with 1 tablespoon of Tomato Powder. Spread half on the top pancake.
- Put the lasagne in your preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Spread the remaining tomato sauce on the top, sprinkle with the grated cheese – and enjoy!