Vegan Stew with Herby Gluten-Free Dumplings
- A hearty and delicious stew with herby, fluffy dumplings.
- A mouthwatering and comforting winter warmer.
- Vegan and Gluten-Free.
- Makes enough for 3-4 generous servings.
150g Gluten Free Flour
150ml Soya Milk
1 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil
2Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
2 Stock Pots
2 Bay Leaves
3 Allspice Berries
2 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Medium Leek
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 2 Medium Potatoes
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1L Water
- Cut your vegetables into desired shapes.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in the big saucepan on the medium heat. Add onions, leeks, bay leaf and allspice, and fry until golden.
- Add potatoes, carrots, courgette and red pepper to the saucepan. Cover with 1 litre of water and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat, add stock pots and simmer for about an hour until vegetables are tender and water is reduced.
- Add rosemary and tamari sauce. Season your stew with chilli powder, pepper and salt according to taste.
- To make dumplings, mix flour with soya milk, baking powder, basil, salt and pepper in a little bowl.
- Drop the dumpling mix by spoonfuls into boiling stew. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.