Aromatic Vegan Pho
- Aromatic, fragrant vegan pho.
- Ready in 30 minutes.
- Low in fat.
2 cinnamon sticks
1tsp coriander seeds
1tsp chinese five spice
1tbsp vegan bouillon powder
3tbsp soya sauce
roasted peanuts for garnish
1 pack rice noodles
- 1.5 inch ginger piece.
- 1 onion.
- 1 pack extra-firm tofu.
- Herbs and lime to garnish.
- 2L water.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Cut the tofu into desired size cubes and bake in the oven until slightly browned.
- Char your onion over medium flame turning frequently until slightly black and soft on the outside.
- Using a big saucepan, toast cinnamon, cloves and coriander seeds over a medium heat until fragrant (be careful not to burn them).
- Add water, ginger, onion and chinese five spice to the spices. Mix well, add boullion powder, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- While your pho is simmering, rehydrate mushrooms and cook your noodles following instructions on the packet.
- Sieve your broth. Add tamari sauce and season with salt.
- Place noodles, tofu and mushrooms in the bowl. Pour your soup and garnish with peanuts, lime, herbs and other ingredients of your choice.